Five Ways to Celebrate August's National Wellness Month
During the month of August, National Wellness Month focuses on health-care, self-care, lowering stress and promoting healthy habits. With the weather being at it's optimal, August is a great month to start forming healthy habits and N active lifestyle!
Research has shown self-care helps manage stress and increase mental and physical health. Whether you challenge yourself to a 5K or change your eating habits, making even minimal changes can have a profound impact on your health.
How can you observe National Wellness Month this August in your office? Here are some great ideas to promote health, happiness and self -care:
1. Pass out water bottles and encourage everyone to drink plenty of water. Water lubricates joints and helps transport nutrients throughout the body
2. Encourage the use of lotion and sanitizer in the office to cut back on germs and replenish the body's largest organ-our skin!
3. Schedule group walks on breaks and lunch hours. Use a pedometer to track your steps and create an inner-office steps contest.
4. Encourage people to step away from the vending machine by leaving healthy snacks like trail mix, nuts or dried fruit in break rooms and other common areas.
5. Practice lunchtime meditation or lunchtime yoga classes. Many instructors will come into private businesses and instruct lunchtime yoga or pilates classes! Make sure to diffuse some essential oils for the ultimate zen experience.